Thursday, September 13, 2007

We're Sorry, Portland

First I just want to say that the only sport I will write about here is the NBA. Don't ask me why, it's just feels right. Seems like a perfect diversion to weird underground music for some reason.

I nearly shed a tear today when I learned that Greg Oden will miss all of next season after surgery on his right knee earlier today. Seriously, terrible news. Our good buddy Greg has come across some bad luck (again) for being such a sweet, wholesomely good dude. I was really looking forward to watching him dominate his rookie year and take America and the world by storm with his gentle-giant charm and wide-eyed personality.
I am positive that not only Oden but the Blazers and the city of Portland will bounce back from this disastrous news. But for now, speaking for the city of Columbus, OH I'd like to say...we're sorry, Portland. Get well soon Greg.

No comments: